Re-Registering an Existing Student Organization
All existing student organizations are required to re-register annually. The 2023 re-registration period will open on May 1, 2023 so that you can update your organization’s information. Below you will find the re-registration guidelines and information on the submission process.
Re-Registration for ALL organizations will be May 1 – September 8, 2023. Undergraduate student organizations wishing to participate in the Fall Activities Fair must submit their registration materials by June 30, 2023 in order to be eligible to participate. Activities Fair registration is a separate process. More information regarding the Fair will be sent to undergraduate organization Presidents in late June/early July.
Prior to Re-Registration Submission
- Read the Registration Guidelines.
- The individual who re-registers an organization MUST be the person who will be serving as the President in Fall 2023. If you are not this person, please e-mail the SORC with the name and Pitt e-mail address of the correct person.
- If you need to change your organization name, please e-mail the SORC with the current name of the organization, the new name, and the reason for changing the name.
- Please review the constitution requirements and the constitution template for organizations. The constitution template is a great resource for updating your constitution as it includes all SORC required language in it.
- Have the name and contact information for your advisor available.
- Please complete the advisor form for your organization. This is a form your advisor will sign through DocuSign. You will need to upload the completed form as part of your re-registration.
- Names and email addresses (Pitt username email addresses) of a minimum of 10 members. (Exceptions for social fraternities and sororities that fall under the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life.)
- Please review the logo guide organizations.
How to Submit Your Re-Registration
Note: The individual who re-registers an organization MUST be the person who will be serving as the President in Fall 2023. If you are not this person, please e-mail the SORC with the name and Pitt e-mail address of the correct person.
- RE-REGISTRATION LINK: A Registration Link was sent to individuals listed as President as of April 26, 2023. If you are the Fall 2023 President and did not receive this email link, please contact SORC with your name and Pitt e-mail address and name of your organization.
- Once the page opens, click on Oakland Campus Student Organizations. Follow the step by step directions and procedures.
- You will receive an e-mail confirmation after you submit your re-registration. You can also see your submission under My Surveys/Forms on the left sidebar.
- You can save your re-registration as a draft if necessary. To continue where you left off, you must access your draft under My Surveys/Forms on the left sidebar. Otherwise, you will be prompted to begin your re-registration again.
After Re-Registration Submission
- For undergraduate AND graduate groups: the President AND the Business Manager of your organization are required to attend one of the mandatory training sessions. Information about the sessions are posted on our home page and on our SOLiD Tranings & Workshops page.
- Your re-registration and constitution will go under review by the SORC office. Approvals will not be sent out until July 2023.
- If there are any problems with your application or constitution, we will contact you. We will not be able to continue processing your application until all edits are completed.
Constitution Template for Student Organizations