Registered student organizations are eligible for photocopying services in the SORC. View our photocopying policy.
Registered student organizations are eligible to receive certain office supplies, free of charge. The amount indicated is per semester, unless otherwise noted.
The SORC provides free mailing services via United States Postal Service (USPS) for your student organization. Your organization can receive up to 200 free envelopes. View our mailing services policy.
Emergency Student Loan
The Emergency Student Loan (ESL) program administered through the SORC is intended to assist students in overcoming minor financial emergencies. Loan applications can be submitted by filling out the form below. A picture of your valid Pitt ID must be attached to the application in order for it to be processed.
*Any full scholarship student athletes must have prior authorization before applying for an Emergency Student Loan.
- Loan Criteria
- Eligible applicants must be currently enrolled students carrying 6 or more credits during the term in which they are applying. Over the summer months, eligible applicants must be enrolled for 6 or more credits during any of the summer sessions or the fall semester.
- Eligible applicants should not have any financial holds on their University account.
- Students enrolled in their last term at the University of Pittsburgh must apply for this loan prior to the final tuition bill for that term is issued.
- Complete repayment of any previous Emergency Student Loan is necessary for new loans to be approved.
- The maximum amount any loan may be approved for is $300.00.
- Loans are repayable in monthly installments up to a MAXIMUM of 3 MONTHS coinciding with the PittPay billing cycle set forth by the Student Payment Center.
- Loans must be paid in full prior to graduation.
- Failure to repay your loan as agreed upon may result in the holding of your transcript or diploma and not being permitted to register for future terms.
- A two to three business day processing time is required.