- Career Central
Search all of our resources, events, and services by content, career community or affinity in Career Central, a centralized career hub for students and alumni.
Whether you’re searching for a job or internship, want to meet an employer, or just looking to schedule an appointment with your career consultant, Handshake is Pitt’s comprehensive career management database.
Get in the spotlight with a standout resume! VMock uses AI technology to analyze and give feedback on your resume draft. Sign on using your Pitt email address and password to get started.
- Big Interview
Use this virtual mock interviewing site to practice your skills, whether you’re prepping for an internship, job, or graduate school interview! Register on Pitt’s Big Interview site to create an account with your Pitt email address.
- Pitt Commons
Pitt Commons allows students, faculty, staff, alumni, postdocs, and friends of the University of Pittsburgh to establish networking and/or mentoring relationships that are meaningful and specific to their unique interests and academic and career goals. Join the student network.
- LinkedIn Learning
Learn business, creative, and technology skills to achieve your personal and professional goals. Pair your LinkedIn account with your free LinkedIn learning account in the my.pitt.edu portal.
- Career Closet
Are you in need of professional attire for an upcoming interview, career fair, or other experience? Borrow suits, blazers, shirts, ties, and other professional accessories. Our services are available by appointment only. Schedule an appointment in Handshake.
- Princeton Review Test Prep
University of Pittsburgh students can receive an exclusive discount on test preparation programs through the Princeton Review.
YouScience is the science of YOU – how your mind is wired, what makes you tick, the skills and knowledge that set you apart. You have talent and there’s a path that’s right for you – this is where we help you discover it. Request access to YouScience at your next Career Center appointment.
- What Can I Do With This Major?
Explore the connection between academic majors and potential career fields. Also, create a free profile to utilize Buzzfile’s Employer by Major and Employer by State databases where you can see which employers in your state are hiring your major.
- Me3 Major and Career Quiz
Me3® is a career inventory and assessment tool that helps students identify their interests and map those interests to careers and Pitt majors to encourage the career exploration process.
- Kuder Journey Career Assessment
Kuder Journey has career tools designed to help you assess your career interests and options.
- OCC: Outside the Classroom Curriculum
Get involved, gain a competitive edge with employers and graduate schools, and take advantage of all that Pitt offers with the OCC.
- Tips for Avoiding Fraudulent Employers
Familiarize yourself with these tips for spotting job or internship postings online that are not legitimate employers and could end up costing you time or money.
- Departmental Resources
Learn more about the internships, research, and other opportunities available in your department or school.
- Resources for Alumni
All University of Pittsburgh alumni receive access to the following career services and resources at no charge:
- Free access to Handshake, the online database of job and internship postings exclusive to Pitt students and alumni (all University of Pittsburgh campuses)
- Join Pitt Commons, Pitt’s new networking database deigned to connect Pitt alumni and current students around various interest areas!
- Free access to on-campus career fairs and networking events hosted by the University of Pittsburgh (including the Fall and Spring Career Fairs). Fees may apply to specific consortium events; see registration details for each event. Note: On-Campus Interviewing is restricted to current Pitt students only. Only by employer request can an alumnus participate in the on-campus interview process.
- Free access to the Pitt Alumni Career Network on LinkedIn
- Free individual career counseling. For more information, please call the Career Center at (412) 383-4473 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.