Visit one of the student unions’ Information Desks, located on the main floor of the William Pitt Union and the main floor of the O’Hara Student Center. We are here to assist you with questions about the student unions, campus, and sometimes even the city of Pittsburgh!
Student Union Information Desks
- Lost and Found
- Pitt Police is the official lost and found center for the University of Pittsburgh
- Items are kept for up to 30 days
- We do not keep articles of clothing, water bottles, lunch boxes, food, or earbuds
- Lost Pitt IDs are immediately turned in to Panther Central
- Will Call
- Will Call services are available for anyone affiliated with the university
- Pick up must take place within 72 hours
- Items cannot be larger than XXX
- Key Sign Out
- An activity pass and your Pitt ID are required to check out a key to a student organization office
- Request an activity pass
- WPU Banners
- Banner space must be reserved in EMS for the duration of the hanging. Space can be reserved for up to 14 days.
- Banner hanging costs approximately $314
- Banners must be provided by the event sponsor with appropriate dimensions and include grommets along the top of the banner as well as in all four corners
- Fifth Avenue side of the building dimensions: 12 ft long x 3 ft wide
- Banners should be dropped off at the William Pitt Union information desk a MINIMUM of one day prior to hanging.
- Banner hanging should be coordinated by the event host and building management.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate the date of hanging and tear down.
- Sandwich Boards & Yard Signs
- Sandwich boards and yard signs must be provided by the department or student organization
- NO SIGNS SHOULD BE FOUND WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL FROM THE WILLIAM PITT UNION RESERVATIONS OFFICE.
- To request posting, email email@example.com.
- Signs cannot be placed in university planters nor block egress.
- Designated areas will be discussed with the Reservations team.
- Organizations may not have more than 2 sandwich boards and/or 4 yard signs in any one location (i.e. Quad, WPU Plaza, Bigelow lawn, etc.)
- Signs may be posted for a total of 14 days and must be taken down immediately following any advertised event's conclusion.
- Signs cannot be commercial or retail-based. This includes apartment rentals, job openings, etc...
- Signs in a foreign language must provide at least one copy in English.
- Upcoming Events Bulletin Boards and Posting Flyers
- Anyone affiliated with the University of Pittsburgh may turn in 2 copies of flyers to be hung on the building's lower level.
- Flyers cannot be commercial or retail-based.
- This includes apartment rentals, job openings, etc.
- Flyers will be reviewed by the William Pitt Union staff before being hung for appropriate language and content.
- Flyers containing a foreign language must provide at least 1 copy in English.
- Flyers must contain:
- Contact Information
- University student organization or department name
- Full details of the event including time, date, and location
A Pitt ID is required to rent out any of the following:
- Dollys/Housing Carts
- 4 pianos to be rented after 5pm and on weekends subject to events happening in the facilities. Additional pianos may be used for practice in the Music Building
William Pitt Union Services
Contact us for general inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fitness Center
See campus Fitness Center Hours.
- Schenley Café
On the Lower Level of the William Pitt Union you can enjoy the following eateries:
- True Burger (Burgers, Fries)
- CrEATe (Salads)
- Ft. Pitt Subs (Sandwiches, Wraps)
- PA Taco (tacos)
- Wicked Pie (pizza)
Please see Pitt Eats website for updated hours.
- Open Student Space
- Commuter Lounge on lower level inside Nordy's Place
- Reflection Room on the 3rd floor
- Collaborative and Quiet Study Rooms on the 3rd floor
- Dance Studio on the 5th floor. This space is available by stopping at the information desk and completing a Day of Request form
- Graduate Student Lounge on the 5th floor
- Lounge on the 9th floor
- Pitt IT Computer and Printing Station on main floor. If printer is not working, contact 412-624-4357
- PNC Bank and Citizens Bank ATMs on main and lower level
- Campus and outgoing mailboxes on main and lower floors
- Student organization storage lockers on 4th floor
O’Hara Student Center Services
Contact us for general inquiries at email@example.com
Check out the Thriftsburgh Instagram for more information.
- Student Organization Office Space and Storage
SGB currently offers free office space in the O’Hara Student Center to help student groups accomplish their mission. This gives organizations that provide a significant amount for the student populace an opportunity to not only store materials, but also have a place to meet and collaborate with other groups.
- Educational Services and Resources
- Forms of Payment
The WPU Ticket Office accepts cash, checks, money orders, and Panther Funds! Currently, debit or credit cards are NOT accepted. Payment method is determined by the organization or department per request. See below for a comprehensive list:
Student Group and Department Ticket Sales
Cash, Check, Panther Funds
Cash, Check, Panther Funds
- Football Parking Passes
Football parking passes HAVE GONE MOBILE!
According to Pitt Athletics:
Students can log into their accounts starting Monday at 8am the week of each home game.
For more information:
Athletics Box Office Main Number: 1-800-643-7488 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The WPU Ticket Office does NOT sell tickets for any Pitt Athletic events. Visit the Panthers Ticket Office in the Petersen Events Center or use the contact information provided above.
They log in via the normal ticket portal where they access their student tickets.
Students are limited to 1 parking pass per account.
Mobile parking will be delivered to their app the week of the game and they will need to present this from their phone to the attendant upon pulling into the lot.
Parking passes are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Locker Rentals
The Ticket Office offers lockers for rent in Posvar Hall. Please review the guidelines below.
Lockers may be rented for one, two, or three terms
All lockers must be vacated at the end of the rental period
Any materials left in lockers after the vacate date will be donated or disposed of
Must rent for a full academic year, prorating not available.
Academic Year (Fall & Spring)
Rental Termination Dates
Students may terminate their locker rental any time during the school year by removing the contents of their locker and informing the WPU Ticket Office. All rentals must be renewed or terminated by the following dates during each semester. Refunds will not be given for early removal.
Fall 2023 term: December 8, 2023
Spring 2024 term: April 19, 2024
To request this service, please submit a request through our Forms page.
The William Pitt Union Ticket Office provides cashboxes for departments or student organizations free of charge. Unless other arrangements are made, the cashbox (alone or in conjunction with the ticket window) will contain $0, $25, $50, or $100. Requests must be made 72 hours from the desired sale date. Cancellations should be made 24 hours in advance for weekdays and 72 hours in advance on weekends. Venmo and other cashless services are not permitted.
Please review the guidelines below:
- The organization must pick up the cashbox the day of their event.
- Organizations must return the cashbox the same day. Cashboxes are not permitted to be held overnight.
- The WPU ticket office may be used as an alternative selling place to receiving a cashbox. You must have a member of your organization staff the ticket office and all money must be turned into William Pitt Union Building Management. See below for how to complete ticket sale requests.
- If leaving the William Pitt Union with a cashbox, a police escort is strongly encouraged. Pitt Police can be contacted at 412-624-2121. This is a complimentary service.
- All money collected during the event must be turned into William Pitt Union Building Management to be deposited into your University’s account. No money will be given directly to the student group or sponsor.
- Pick-up time may take place starting 30 minutes before the sale time.
- Ticket Sales
- Weekday Ticket Sales
- All requests must be submitted 7 days from the desired sale date. Tickets must be dropped off to the Ticket Office between 10 am and 5 pm Monday through Friday at least 5 days before the sale. All tickets must be numbered (i.e., 1-100) and include the price, date, time, and event location. You are responsible for printing the tickets. There are no restrictions on size, thickness, color, etc. for the tickets themselves. Please allow time to count tickets with a Ticket Office representative. An electronic tracking system must be shared with the Ticket Office to keep track of tickets sold.
- The Ticket Office will deposit all proceeds from the event into the sponsor’s University account. No money will be given directly to the student group or sponsor.
- To request this service, please fill out our WPU Ticket Sale Request form. Please contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns. Depending on staffing, we can accommodate after hours sales
- Evening (5 pm - 11:00 pm) and Weekend Ticket Sales
- Depending on staffing, we can accommodate after hours sales. Please fill out our WPU Ticket Sale Request form and request evening or weekend sales. This service is available after 5 pm on weekdays and after 10 am on weekends. Requests must be made 7 days from the desired sale date.
- Weekday Ticket Sales
Ticket Office FAQs
- Who should I contact if I have any questions about the Ticket Office?
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-648-7814 Monday through Friday 10am – 5pm
- How long does it take for my Ticket Office request to be approved?
It normally takes two to four days for a request to be approved. During high volume times, it make take additional time. Please allow for enough time to meet with the Ticket Office Manager prior to the start of your requested ticket sale.
- I forgot to put in a request for a cashbox. Can I submit one late?
We cannot guarantee that late requests will be approved. Submit your request online and then contact the Ticket Office at 412-648-7814 between 10am and 5pm Monday through Friday.
Take a break at Nordy’s! Watch the big screens on game day, play pool and ping pong for free*, play board games for free*, relax with friends in the lounge, and grab tasty food at the snack bar. Located on the William Pitt Union Lower Level.
*For undergraduates only with valid Pitt ID
Nordy’s Place's current hours are as follows:
Mon – Thurs: 10am – 11pm
Fri: 10am – midnight
Sat: 4pm – midnight
Sun: 4pm – 11pm
- Equipment Policies
Staff, faculty, graduate students, CGS, and community members must pay to play.
Guests may bring their own equipment. However, there is still a table fee.
Equipment must be returned at least 10 minutes before closing time.
- Agreement Clause
I agree to return the equipment check out to me in the same condition as it was when I received it and pay the William Pitt Union any replacement or repair costs in the event said equipment is lost or damaged while checked out to me. I further agree that if I falsify or misrepresent my status as a University of Pittsburgh undergraduate student that I will be required to pay the appropriate fees of $3 per hour of play.
- Event Policies
Event Food packages must be submitted a minimum of THREE (3) weeks prior to the event. Click here to submit a form.
During events in Nordy’s Place, all food for the event needs to be purchased via the Nordy’s Menu Package. There is to be no food from outside vendors.
There is to be no food in Nordy’s Lounge during events, any menu packages that are requested for an event in Nordy’s Lounge will be denied.
Nordy’s is a public venue. To rent Nordy’s for a private event, the cost is $15/hr and must be coordinated with the Assistant Director, Night Operations. Email Will at email@example.com for more details
Use of recreational equipment is included for all undergraduate programs thanks to our partnership with Student Government Board!
For non-undergraduate events, recreational equipment may be rented for events by requesting the “Game Night” package.
If you have questions or concerns please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Theatre Candy $1.50
- Butter Popcorn $1.50
- Bag of Chips $1.50
- Kettle Corn $1.50
- Snacks to go $1.50
- Soft Pretzel $3.00
- Chicken Tenders $3.00
- Mozzarella Sticks $3.00
- Ice Cream Sundae $3.00
- Nachos $3.50
- Blue Bunny Pints $4.00
- 10 oz. Soda $1.25
- Coffee $1.50
- ICEE $2.00
- Recreational Equipment
*All prices listed are per hour. Undergraduates play for free with a Pitt ID.
Board Games free with a Pitt ID
Ping Pong Tables $3
Nordy’s Place is available for event reservations Sunday through Saturday. Reservations must be made through EMS at least 3 weeks prior to the desired date
- Food Packages
Nordy’s food packages are available for purchase Monday through Friday 6pm-12am and Saturday and Sunday 5pm-12am. Learn more about available food packages.