All classes provided in the Stress Free Zone (SFZ) are first come, first serve. Registration is required. Yoga mats, blocks, straps and bolsters are provided for all classes. We recommend bringing water and a face towel and wearing relaxed, comfortable clothing. Please plan to arrive to each class at least 5-10 minutes early to allow time for checking in. Walk In Hours are open to all Pitt students to try any of our relaxation stations and practice Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction. Come in and ask a Peer Educator to give you a tour!
Fall 2023 Classes
Monday 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Monday 7-8 p.m.
Tuesday 7-8 p.m.
Wednesday 12-1 p.m. and 7-8 p.m.
Thursday 7-8 p.m.
Register for a Stress Free Zone Class
- All classes provided in the Stress Free Zone (SFZ) will require registration.
- Registration is free for all Group Fitness classes during the fall, spring, and summer terms.
- Classes are drop-in format, and registration is required for each individual class.
- Reserving a spot is on a first come first served basis.
- Registration for each individual class opens two (2) days prior to the scheduled date
To register for a Stress Free Zone class, visit the Campus Recreation Member Portal and select “Stress Free Zone” or “Group Fitness”.
- Participation in all Group Fitness classes requires a membership (free). To sign up for a Group Fitness membership, visit the Campus Recreation Member Portal and select “Memberships”.
Move Breathe Create
The Stress Free Zone and the Center for Creativity are partnering up to help you relieve that end-of-semester stress by combining movement and making. Hallie Stotsky, Coordinator of the Stress Free Zone, will lead you through 30 minutes of yoga, followed by mindful breathing exercises joined with hands-on making. No yoga or art experience required! Comfortable clothes to move and maybe get a little messy in is all you’ll need. Registration is required.
Wednesday, November 29, 2023
1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m
Cathedral of Learning, C4C: The Understory (basement, B-50)
Yoga Paint Party
Yoga Paint Party mixes movement and making in a playful atmosphere of process art and mindful healing. Watch the painting bloom under your feet on the patented YOGAMOTIFmat, empower your body during an all-levels yoga practice, and enjoy a mess-free art making journey complete with a memorable keepsake. Be present in your natural ability to create and immerse yourself in the intuitive practice of healing.
This is event is FREE to any Pitt student. Registration with a $5 cash deposit is required at the Stress Free Zone (3rd floor William Pitt Union). Your $5 will be returned to you at the start of the event.
Friday, December 8
7-9pm WPU Room 630