Psychiatry services are provided to University students.
To initiate the process of scheduling an appointment, please call Student Health Services at (412) 383-1800.
Initial appointments are typically an hour long and can be done either in-person or virtually.
Prior to your appointment, you will be asked to complete a series of questionnaires. In addition:
1. If you are currently on psychiatric medication, please ask your current provider to fax records to our office at (412) 383-1820.
2. If you have participated in an intensive outpatient program (IOP), partial hospitalization program (PHP), or have been admitted to a hospital psychiatric unit, please call the facility where you received care and ask them to fax treatment records to our office at (412) 383-1820.
3. If you have been treated for ADHD, please refer to our ADHD policy regarding treatment and stimulant medications, https://www.studentaffairs.pitt.edu/shs/psychiatry-services/adhd-treatment-policy/.
4. If you have had ADHD testing, please upload your report through the Student Health Patient Portal, fax it to (412) 383-1820, or bring a copy with you to your appointment.
5. You may be asked to sign an authorization for release of information so your psychiatric provider can communicate with your therapist.