Hey there, Panthers! Welcome to our social media guidelines page. Here you can learn how to collaborate with us to share posts and the rules of #PantherPrideLivesHere
Social Media Policy and Guidelines
Residents have the opportunity to develop friendships, discover talents, and explore the world through many of these popular online channels. Online channels allow thoughtful, purposeful engagement. While the Office of Residence Life encourages the use of social media, all users should remember that social media tools are a powerful form of communication that can have a significant impact on organizations, individuals, and their reputations. Lines between personal and professional content, and between public and private content, are often blurred. Whether participating on behalf of the University, a University-related group, or personally, all users must follow the same behavioral standards online as they would in face-to-face or one-on-one interactions. Remember that the internet is not anonymous, nor does it forget.
Connect with Residence Life via Discord by choosing the server you would like to join below. Anonymous membership is not an option and all requests must be verified. Join the Residence Life server for access to LLC channels, interest groups, and more. Join your Hall’s server for local update, programs, and connect with peers on your floor and building.
To get involved, explore the links below:
When you’re ready to get started, fill out this survey!
Use of Residence Life Groups, Servers, Platforms, and Pages
- Use of this group constitutes your agreement to these Social Media Terms and Conditions.
- We reserve the right to modify the contents of this platform at any time. Failure to abide by these Terms and Conditions may result in a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- If You Have Questions About Policies
- Contact the Associate Director via email should you have questions about the social media polices contract.
- Do not post materials that are confidential, proprietary, false, fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, infringing on intellectual property rights, abusive, harassing, illegal, illustrates a violation of University Code of Conduct
- Do Not Post Personal Information
- For your security, don’t post any personal information such as phone numbers, personal email address, or any unique identifying information in an online social space.
- Viruses or Malicious Software
- Do not post any links or other content that contain viruses or malicious software.
- Be Mindful of Others
- The purpose of this site is to share useful information and ideas, inspire informative discussions, and educate. Residence Life is looking for you to provide a positive contribution to our online discussions and forums. Your opinion is welcome but please keep it on topic and informative.
- Access is a privilege not a right.
- Residence Life retains the right to block or otherwise prohibit any member of the residential community from accessing or using a departmental social media platform (page or group) for failure to abide by these Terms and Conditions and/or violating the Code of Conduct.
- Regarding Discord
- Discord is a mobile communication platform utilized by Residence Life. Use of Discord allows residents within hall communities to connect. All users are expected to maintain awareness of their role in creating an inclusive environment. Administrators in the Discord reserve the right to manage channels. They also have the ability to remove messages and ban a user from the server. Reported or recognized misuse of any feature within the Discord server may result in a limited time or permanent removal.
- You are Responsible for Content you Post
- Ultimately you are responsible for the content you have posted, including the legality, reliability and appropriateness of posts and comment. We encourage you to be thoughtful when you post.
- Residence Life staff reserves the ability to remove comments or posts that misalign with communications policies and the departments mission, values, and commitments.