Get Help for Someone Else
If you believe someone has a plan to hurt or kill themselves and you fear they are in imminent danger, stay with that person and call Pitt Police at 412-624-2121 or 911 immediately. If you are not with them, keep the conversation going until you can connect them with help.
Do's & Dont's
Understand the Warning Signs
- Feeling hopeless or having no purpose
- Showing rage or talking about seeking revenge
- Looking for ways to kill oneself
- Acting anxious, agitated or reckless
- Drug and/or alcohol abuse
- Talking about wanting to die or kill oneself
Social Media Postings
- If a friend has posted suicidal content on Facebook, use the safety tool to get them help.
- If a friend has posted suicidal content on Twitter, alert Twitter to get them help.
- If a friend has posted suicidal content on Instagram, report the post to get them help.