The Interfraternity Council (IFC) is the governing body for some social fraternities at the University of Pittsburgh. Currently, IFC is comprised of 19 chartered chapters and newly formed chapters. In total, IFC is one of the largest organizations on campus, with over 850 men in membership. IFC General Body Meetings have not been scheduled for fall 2021. If you would like to be on the agenda please contact the IFC President. For the most up to date IFC information, please check out their Instagram.
With this wide reach, IFC members hold leadership in positions across campus. IFC embraces the tradition of fraternity life, and its mission to produce high-quality young men. The men of IFC thrive off of the deep bonds of brotherhood they form with their chapter members, and it is these bonds that give them the strength to serve their chapter. In addition to the annual Greek Week philanthropic events, each chapter has individual philanthropy/service events throughout the year, which generate huge benefits for the Pitt community, and the City of Pittsburgh at large.
IFC provides various programming events throughout the semester for its member chapters. New members go through an education process stressing academics, alcohol safety, and other issues that are important for new Greeks. IFC also provides seminars on best practices for each chapter’s Risk Managers. Chapter treasurers can learn about better financial management through the financial guidance provided by IFC’s chapter finances management sessions.
Each IFC chapter is unique, and potential new members can easily find a house into which they will fit and not feel pressured to change who they are or how they act. Over a college career, membership in an IFC brotherhood is often the one thing that is constant in a student’s life, and therefore it can have profound positive effects on the way a man goes through his undergraduate years, and ultimately makes the next step after graduation.
IFC Recruitment Spring 2022
- Virtual Fraternity Teaser
- Thursday, January 20 from 8:00pm-9:15pm
- A recording of the virtual teaser can be found here.
- Meet the Fraternities
- Tuesday, February 1 from 8:00pm-10:00pm
- Location: Alumni Hall, Connolly Ballroom
- This is a fair style event where every IFC and National Pan-Hellenic Council fraternity will have a table to display chapter items and chat about their chapter.
- Register for recruitment: pittifc.mycampusdirector2.com
- This will indicate you are interested in recruitment and an IFC or chapter officer can follow up with additional information.
- After registering, you are able to withdraw from the process at anytime.
- Recruitment Dates:
- Monday, February 1-Monday, February 14
- Master Chapter Recruitment Schedule for all fraternities.
- Bid Day: Monday, February 14– IFC will be electronically distributing bids, or formal invitations, on this date via CampusDirector.
- After Monday, February 14, bids will be distributed on a rolling basis all semester at the request of each fraternity. Don’t worry if you missed the recruitment period, there is still opportunity to join a fraternity.
- Have a 2.5 cumulative GPA (some chapters have higher cumulative GPA)
- Twelve college credits as reported in PeopleSoft or a transfer student from a two-year or four-year institution.
- Attend a Fraternity and Sorority Life 101 Session
- Contact the Vice President of Recruitment with questions about recruitment.