GRADUATE STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS
Graduate students contribute to an active campus life here at the University of Pittburgh. There are many student groups where you can further explore your academic passion or cultural interests. Graduate organizations operate differently from undergraduate organizations.
List of Graduate and Professional School Governance Groups
- Kenneth P. Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences: Arts & Sciences Graduate Student Organization
- Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business: Katz GSB Student Executive Board
- School of Dental Medicine: American Student Dental Association
- School of Education: Council of Graduate Students in Education
- Swanson School of Engineering: Engineering Graduate Student Organization
- School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences: SHRS Student Advisory Board
- School of Information Sciences: SISGO
- School of Law: Student Bar Association
- School of Medicine: SOM Student Executive Council
- School of Nursing: Graduate Nursing Student Organization
- School of Pharmacy: American Pharmacists Association and Graduate Program in Pharm. Sciences
- Graduate School of Public and International Affairs: GSPIA Student Cabinet
- Graduate School of Public Health: GSPH Student Government Association
- School of Social Work: SSW Student Executive Council
Please visit the Student Organization Directory for a complete list of student groups.
GPSG and the Graduate Student Activity Fee
The Graduate and Student Government (GPSG), located in 825 William Pitt Union, is the governing body of all Graduate students at the University of Pittsburgh. Graduate students pay into a semesterly activities fee where 50% of that fee is distributed to GPSG for general graduate student programming and the remaining 50% is distributed to the governance organization of each student's specific school (i.e. a medical student in the School of Medicine will contribute 50% of their activity fee to GPSG and the other 50% to the School of Medicine Student Executive Council.)
Organization Funding Requests
Graduate student organizations should always first pursue funding from their graduate school's governance group (i.e. law students would first seek funding from the Student Bar Association at the School of Law.). However, organizations can request for supplemental funding from GPSG.
Any student organization not affiliated with a specific graduate or professional school should petition GPSG solely for funding.