Re-Registering an Existing Student Organization
All existing student organizations are required to re-register annually. The re-registration period in Engage is open each semester so that you can update your organization’s information after there is officer turnover. Below you will find the re-registration guidelines and information on the submission process.
Re-Registration period for organizations with Fall elections is December 1 – Spring Add/Drop Deadline
Re-Registration period for organizations with Spring elections is April 1 – May 15 and August 1 – Fall Add/Drop Deadline
Note: Organizations that do not re-register during the April 1st – May 15th period must still re-register during the August 1st period in order to be active during the fall semester; however, they will not be eligible to participate in the Fall Student Activities Fair.
Prior to Re-Registration Submission
- Read the Registration Guidelines.
- Secure a minimum of ten (10) currently enrolled Pitt students as members. You will need at least a president, a vice president, and a business manager. One person may not hold more than one officer position. Note: When updating your organization’s roster, any new members must be identified by their firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
- Secure a full-time faculty or staff member at the University to serve as your advisor. You will need to attach a signed the Advisor Acceptance Form in the re-registration application.
- Obtain your organization’s constitution and update as necessary following the Constitution Requirements.
How to Submit Your Re-Registration
Note: the person who re-registers the student organization will be designated as the Primary Contact* of the group.
- Go to the SORC website and click on the Organization Directory.
- Sign In to Engage with your Pitt username and password.
- Click on the name of your organization on the homepage of your site.
- Select the Manage Organization button at the upper-right corner of your organization’s page.
- Click on the Re-Register This Organization button on that page.
- Follow the steps and provide– updated roster, constitution, and advisor acceptance form.
- Submit your application.
After Re-Registration Submission
- Your re-registration application and constitution will go under review by the SORC office.
- If there are any problems with your application or constitution, we will contact you through the Engage messaging tool. We will not be able to continue processing your application until all edits are completed.
- Once approved, the listed officers and advisor will receive a final confirmation email and have full access to your organization’s Engage site.
*Primary Contact Definition
The Primary Contact of your organization will be the only individual with access to re-register your organization, register to participate in the undergraduate Activities Fair, and will have his/her name and contact info listed as the main contact for your organization in the Student Organization Directory.