- STUDENT IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS
- Required Vaccine Details
- Proof of Immunity
- Recommended Immunizations
- Submission of Immunization Records
Proof of Immunity
This is an integral component needed to meet the Minimum Student Immunization Requirements of the University.
All incoming students must provide to the Student Health Service documentation of immunizations, which includes the month, day, and year that each immunization was administered.
Proof of Immunity is a 2 step process:
- Please submit all of your immunization dates to us thru Online Student Health which is located in the University student portal site at my.pitt.edu. (For instructions on using Online Student Health, see Online Portal Services.)
- For verification processing, please return to the Student Health Service your completed Incoming Student immunization form. This can be sent by U.S. mail or faxed to us.
Exemptions from Immunization
A student may be granted exemptions from immunization for the following reasons:
A medical exemption from immunization is granted based on a written statement from a physician, or his designee, that the immunization may be detrimental to the health of the student.
A religious exemption from immunization may be granted based on a student’s written objection to the immunization on religious grounds or on the basis of a strong moral or ethical conviction similar to a religious belief.
However, if an outbreak of Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Chicken Pox or Meningitis occurs, the State Health Department may exclude students from classes who do not provide proof of immunity to these diseases.
CLICK HERE to download the Immunization Exemption form.
Failure to Comply
Incoming students who, after receipt of notification by the University that their immunization records are incomplete AND fail to provide proof of immunization or written request for exemption as described above are considered Non-compliant with the University immunization policy.
Non-compliant students will be prohibited from registering for any classes beyond the term following initial enrollment.
For further information, please refer to these sites: