Pitt Advantage Grant
The Pitt Advantage grant provides undergraduate students who have completed the OCC financial assistance for a study abroad experience, an unpaid internship, or service learning project. Grants are only awarded for the summer.
The purpose of the Pitt Advantage grant is to help alleviate costs associated with invaluable learning experiences. Furthermore, the purpose of the grant expands upon the mission of the OCC – to help students receive a well-rounded education that ultimately sets them apart in the job marketplace or graduate/professional school.
- Undergraduate student at the University of Pittsburgh Main Campus-Oakland
- Full-time status for no less than 2 semesters (Baccalaureate degree in progress)
- Not on academic probation
- Will return to the University as a full-time student the semester following the learning experience
- Have fully completed all goals and requirements of the Outside the Classroom Curriculum and attended a New Members Orientation
- Approximately 6 months after graduation, you will be asked to participate in the University’s post-grad survey.
**Students may apply for the grant before their OCC is completed knowing that all requirements of the OCC program will be fulfilled before the grant is awarded.
Application Deadline and Important Information
Pitt Advantage Grant applications become available every January at the start of the spring semester. You should only apply if you plan to use the grant for the upcoming summer term. Grants will be awarded in the amount of $1,500 each.
Click HERE to apply now!
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, MARCH 8, 2019
If you have any questions about this process, please contact the OCC Coordinator by clicking here.