Welcome to the Office of Student Conduct
We promote good citizenship by educating students on behavioral expectations here at Pitt. When student misconduct occurs, we oversee impartial judicial procedures and opportunities for personal development and improvement. We aim to develop responsible, conscientious young adults who are committed to maintaining a safe and respectful campus environment.
The Office of Student Conduct now offers virtual office hours Mondays and Thursdays between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Please click here to get started and a student conduct staff member will be available to assist you.
Given the local, state, and federal guidelines regarding community response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Office of Student Conduct will be operating virtual. Staff members are working remotely and are ready to assist you. Please call us at 412-648-7910 or email email@example.com for all student conduct inquiries. Please also continue to practice social distancing and take care of your health and wellbeing.
The mission of Student Conduct is to process violations of the Student Code of Conduct. By processing these violations, we seek to provide a safe learning environment and opportunities for students to learn from their own behavior and the behavior of others. Student Conduct supports this mission, the values identified in the Pitt Promise, and the educational mission of the University of Pittsburgh by:
- Developing, disseminating, and enforcing campus regulations
- Providing a fair and consistent conduct process
- Assessment as normative practice
- Mentoring students through meaningful interactions
- Educating students about the effects of their behavior on themselves and those around them
- Promoting healthy decisions
- Fostering safe and inclusive communities both on and off campus
- Connecting students with support services in order to encourage their personal, social, and academic growth
- Collaborating with faculty, staff, students, and the campus community to manage and address conduct matters
Frequently Asked Questions
For Government Agencies:
Please email your name, contact information and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. A staff member will respond as soon as is practicable.
For All Others
Please email the form/request to email@example.com. The form/request will be completed as soon as is practicable and emailed to the appropriate person(s). Please be sure to include your name, contact information, name of institution or agency that is requesting the clearance and the email or physical address where the form needs to be sent.