National Pan-Hellenic Council
- Chapter Name: Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Charter Date: November 21st, 1921
- Charter Letter: Mu
- Motto/Value/Purpose: Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated is an organization of college educated women committed to the constructive development of its members and to public service with a primary focus on the Black community.
- Colors: Crimson and Cream
- Symbol: Elephant/African Violet
- Philanthropy/Service Project: Since its founding in 1913 Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. has clearly distinguished itself as a public service organization that boldly confronts the challenges of African Americans and, hence, all Americans. Over the years, a wide range of programs addressing education, health, international development, and strengthening of the African American family have evolved. In realizing its mission, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. provides an extensive array of public service initiatives through its Five-Point Programmatic Thrust of:
- Educational Development
- Economic Development
- International Awareness and Development
- Physical and Mental Health
- Political Awareness and Involvement
- Chapter Email: email@example.com
- Chapter Social Media Handles:
- Chapter Website: https://muchapterdst.com/
- Interesting Fact: We are the 12th oldest chapter in the world!
o Chapter Name: Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
o Charter Letters: Beta Epsilon
o Motto: Achievement in Every Field of Human Endeavor
o Colors: Crimson and Cream
o Symbol: Diamond
o National Service Project: Guide Right
o Chapter Social Media Handles:
§ Facebook: Pitt Nupes
o Chapter Website:
o Interesting Fact: Five other chapters were chartered through our chapter, also known as the BE swing.
o Chapter Name: Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.
o Charter Letters: Epsilon Kappa
o Motto: Culture for Service, Service for Humanity
o Principles: Brotherhood, Scholarship & Service
o Symbol: White Dove
o Service Project: March of Dimes
o Chapter Email:
o Social Media:
§ Instagram: @pittsigmas
§ Twitter: @pittsigmas
o Chapter Website:
o Interesting Fact: The Epsilon Kappa chapter of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. has never had any disciplinary action taken against the chapter since its beginning in 1972.
Wish to receive more information about fraternity and sorority life at Pitt? Please complete this simple questionnaire to receive updates.