Welcome to the Department of Campus Recreation!
We help members of the Pitt community lead active, balanced lives by providing endless opportunities to enhance physical health and wellness. Whether you’re into competitive sports, group exercise, or solo workout sessions, we’re happy to work with you to achieve your fitness goals.
CAMPUS RECREATION COVID-19 INFORMATION
- Campus Recreation will follow the University’s guidelines regarding health and safety practices as outlined on the coronavirus.pitt.edu website.
- Face coverings will be worn by patrons and employees in all indoor Campus Recreation facilities. If you’re running on a treadmill, lifting weights, shooting hoops, playing intramural sports, participating in group fitness classes, or engaging in any other indoor activity, you will wear a mask.
- We hope that everyone will work together taking responsibility to ensure the safest possible environment. In situations where individuals choose not to properly wear a face covering, staff will first offer warnings and/or ask them to leave the facility. Repeated violations may result in removal of facility or program access, and/or referral to the Office of Student Conduct.
What programs and services are currently being offered by Campus Recreation?
- We are currently offering all of our standard programs and services, which includes access to fitness and recreational facilities, intramurals, club sports, group fitness, and personal training. In addition, we will be offering a variety of special events throughout the year. Check our website frequently and follow us on social media for updates and announcements concerning Campus Recreation.
What are you doing to keep the Campus Recreation facilities clean?
- We are requesting that users thoroughly clean and wipe down all equipment before and after personal use. Additional cleaning supplies and gym wipe stations are in place. Additional hand sanitizer is also located throughout spaces to encourage personal cleanliness. Throughout the day, staff will clean high touch spaces and equipment; deep cleaning will occur daily.
Can I use the locker rooms?
- Yes, all Campus Recreation locker rooms are open, and lockers are available for rent in select facilities. Information about renting a locker can be found on our Equipment & Rentals page.
Is there any virtual programming available?
- Yes, virtual Wellness Consultations are being offered through Campus Recreation. For questions regarding this service contact Kevin Sciullo, Wellness Coordinator, 412-383-8687, email@example.com.
Are face coverings required to be worn in the pool?
- Face coverings are not required on the pool deck and cannot be worn while swimming. Face coverings are required in the locker rooms and other spaces within Trees Hall.
Is Campus Recreation currently hiring student employees?
- Yes, we are currently hiring for numerous student employee positions. For more information about working with Campus Recreation, visit our Student Employment page.
Are the Campus Recreation Administrative Offices in the Baierl Student Recreation Center open?
- Yes, our office hours are 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. You are welcome to stop in without an appointment, call 412-648-8210, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Who can I contact with more questions?
- For general questions or feedback, please call us at 412-648-8210 or email us at email@example.com.