If you are a rising high school junior or senior, The Bridge is designed to provide you with the best collegiate preparation experience in the world. By participating in The Bridge, you will be exposed to leadership development experience and college preparation workshops. Develop skills that will support your college application process and matriculation.
“The program helped me not only learn about applying for college, but helped me break out of my shell and interact with new people.”
– 2015 Bridge Delegate
- Upon arrival, you and your parents will be invited to meet program staff.
- You will be put into groups of 10 which will be led by Academy Counselors. Academy Counselors are current undergraduate Pitt students.
- Throughout the program, you will receive individualized skill training and exposure to college preparation materials.
- Small group discussions will help you align your preferences with college programs, and develop a personal mission statement. The personal mission statement will be used to create a personal statement that can be used for college admissions essays.
- Learn from staff and each other about the admissions process and enjoy the opportunity to meet with college admissions representatives, tour campus, and attend an informational session on financial aid.
- Gain valuable experience and insight in the areas of leadership development, conflict management, diversity, creative problem-solving, and maximizing your college experience.
- Meals will be provided, and each evening a social activity will take place on campus or at a local attraction.
The strategies presented by, and skills developed at, the Bridge are intended to help participants enhance and refine their admissibility to the college(s) of their choice, but in no way are intended or implied to guarantee admission to any college or university.