Your safety and security is a top priority here at Pitt. During The Bridge, the following measures will be taken to ensure student safety:
- A security guard will be at Nordenberg Hall 24 hours a day.
- No guest access to Nordenberg Hall will be permitted.
- Small group counselors will take attendance each time the groups change locations.
- Nordenberg Hall will lock down at lights-out each night at 11 p.m.
- Counselors will lead small groups to all activities and sessions and be responsible for their group at all times.
- A program staff member will be in the building during the program and will be on call, each counselor will also stay in the building.
- Disability accommodations need to be arranged in advance of the program by calling the Office of Disability Resources and Services at 412-648-7890.
In addition to the safety procedures, a Code of Conduct will be distributed to all students, and parents/guardians. The Code must be signed prior to arriving on campus. Violations to the Code of Conduct could result in dismissal. Parents will sign an agreement that they will pick their student up, no matter the time, if a dismissal should occur. There will be a strict no alcohol/drug policy.