Student organizations traveling farther than 250 miles from Pittsburgh should always consider alternative transportation options other than personal or University-owned vehicles, especially when an advisor is not traveling with the organization.  For larger groups, University travel agencies are available to coordinate airfare while Parking and Transportation Services offers charter bus options.  Hotel accommodations are usually coordinated in the SORC office using the Travel Card (VISA).  A credit card authorization form will need to be provided if booking through the chosen hotel directly.  If using a third-party site (i.e. Expedia,, a credit card authorization is usually not needed.



University-approved Travel Agencies (for group travel of 10 or more people)

Charter Bus Request Form (to be submitted to



Chain Hotels Offering University Discounts