As a patient of the Student Health Service, you are expected to conform to the following responsibilities:
- Provide accurate and complete information about current and past illnesses, medications, and other matters pertaining to your health.
- Follow the treatment plan recommended by your provider.
- Arrive as scheduled for appointments, and cancel in advance any appointment you cannot keep.
- Become informed of the scope of basic services offered, the associated costs, and the importance of medical insurance, and to actively seek clarification of any aspect of the services and programs (including cost) of the Student Health Service that you do not understand.
- Cover costs incurred.
- Bring forward suggestions or grievances about the Student Health Service. This responsibility includes the right to receive a personal response and an assurance of continuing access to care.
- Cooperate with all Student Health Service personnel caring for you, and ask questions if you do not understand any information given to you.
- Be respectful and considerate of other patients and the Student Health Service staff.
- Maintain a “Healthy U.”