Collegiate Recovery Program – Panthers for Recovery
The University of Pittsburgh’s Collegiate Recovery Program (CRP) provides a safe, nurturing, and affirming environment where students in recovery from substance use can receive the assistance and support they need to achieve academic success and personal goals while in college. The CRP facilitates a supportive, stigma-free community of students in recovery through individual, academic, social, and recovery supports.
What Do We Offer?
- Peer connection & social networking
- Student-led support groups
- Recovery resources on & off campus
- Academic & Financial Aid resources
- Substance-free social events & programs
- Lounge space
The CRP is completely confidential, protects anonymity, and open to all undergraduate and graduate students seeking supports in their recovery from addiction and who choose to live a sober lifestyle.
Weekly Student Meetings – Spring 2019
Every Friday (except for 3/15) | 6pm-7pm
WPU Student Affairs Staff Lounge
- Open meeting for anyone in recovery or interested in recovery on campus. Student-led discussions about relevant issues/concerns/thoughts related to recovery on campus.
* Please be sure to clean up any trash and put furniture back as it was originally found. *
Friday Night Lounge
Friday’s during Spring semester | 7pm-12am
WPU Student Affairs Staff Lounge
- Open, flexible lounge space for students in recovery to meet, study, socialize, and host events (snacks & drinks permitted with approval).
- Please contact Jenny at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to access the room and/or submit a snack request.
Our mission is to provide students the opportunity to have a memorable college experience in a substance-free environment. We understand that college can pose distinct challenges to those in recovery and are dedicated to providing individual, social, and academic supports to help students achieve educational and personal success both at Pitt and beyond.
The CRP is not a clinical treatment program. Please see the list of University and community resources below, or contact us with additional questions.
Cathedral of Learning – Room G13
- Tuesday | 9PM-10:30PM
- Monday – Friday | 7AM-8AM
- Saturday | 8AM-9AM
https://www.pghaa.org/meetings (Pittsburgh area meeting list)
http://eastendarea.org/meetings/ (surrounding Oakland areas)
University Counseling Center (https://www.studentaffairs.pitt.edu/cc/substanceabuse/)
– Whether you are seeking harm reduction, abstinence, fellowship or information, UCC will help you to identify your needs and support system. Offering individual and group sessions, referrals, and community resources.
Student Health Service (https://www.studentaffairs.pitt.edu/shs/)
– Comprehensive medical and wellness services for enrolled Pitt students.
University Pharmacy (http://www.studentaffairs.pitt.edu/shs/pharmacy/)
– Carries & provides education on Naloxone (Narcan).
12:01 App (https://www.gatewayrehab.org/recovery/12-01-app)
– Addiction recovery mobile app offered through Gateway Rehab. Available on Android and iPhone.
After Hours Telephone Recovery Support Hotline
– The Recovery Helpline can offer support in navigating services, systems, and offer treatment referrals.
412-463-7006 | 5 p.m. – Midnight
Resolve Crisis Services (https://www.upmc.com/services/behavioral-health/resolve-crisis-services)
– Resolve is a 24-hour, 365-day crisis service.
SAMHSA Treatment Facility Locator (https://www.findtreatment.samhsa.gov/locator?sAddr=15213)
– Locate a treatment facility in the Greater Pittsburgh area, or across the nation.
Parent & Family Resources
The CRP offers anonymous and confidential support to students interested in additional supports in recovery. At Pitt, we recognize the importance of adequate and reliable support networks and offer students the chance to engage in a variety of opportunities at their own discretion. For more information on CRP’s and your role in your student’s recovery, please visit: https://collegiaterecovery.org/parent-portal/