It’s On Us
It’s on US to ensure that we have consent.
- Consent is an agreement between participants to engage in sexual activity.
- Consent is a decision to be made freely and actively by all parties to engage in what is mutually acceptable sexual activity.
- Never assume you have consent.
- The only way to know for sure is to ask.
- Know that past consent does not guarantee future consent.
- You cannot obtain consent by force, manipulation, or coercion.
- There is NO consent if a person is mentally or physically incapacitated due to drugs or alcohol.
- The University of Pittsburgh does not tolerate sexual violence of any kind.
To show our commitment to preventing sexual violence in our community, Pitt is participating in the White House Task Force’s “It’s On Us” initiative. Visit www.itsonus.org to join your fellow students in signing the pledge.
Video Credit goes to Blue Seat Studios; Published on Jun 12, 2016