Green Resident Green Floor Certification
Are you a residence hall student looking to decrease your environmental footprint? Want to compete against your floor mates for bragging rights, and against other floors for prizes?
- Fill out this certification form to get started, and explore the other pages on this site for tips and tricks to boost your score!
- Each activity is worth between one and three points, if you score at least 70% of the possible points, you’ll become a Green Certified Residentand receive an e-certificate!
- If 50% of your floor achieves Green Resident Status, together you’ll be a Green Certified Floor. Not only do all Green Floors get a sweet certificate to display, but the highest scoring floor also wins a zero-waste finals party complete with dinner from a Sustainable Pittsburgh Restaurant!
Green Event Certification
- Have you considered composting and recycling during and after your event?
- Can you provide agendas or material electronically instead of printing?
- Are you providing your guests with vegetarian and vegan food options?
- If your event is outdoors have you requested the WaterMonster?
- Post to the Pitt Food Share to get rid of excess food after your event!
- Click here to view and download a “How To” guide for Green Event planning!
- Ready to Green Certify? FOLLOW THIS LINK!
How do I green certify my event?
Click the hyperlink to fill out the application for Green Event Certification. The application will walk you through greening every part of your event.