How do I find my OCC profile?
- From the Suitable mobile app: Download the free Suitable mobile app and track your OCC on the go! Once you’ve downloaded the app, sign in with your non-alias Pitt email address.
- From the Pitt mobile app: Under Student Engagement, you will see a tile for Suitable and Outside the Classroom Curriculum. If you click on Suitable, you will be redirected from Pitt mobile to your OCC profile. You can also access your profile by clicking on Outside the Classroom Curriculum and tapping My OCC Profile at the top. Make sure to add these tiles to your Favorites to access them easily in the future!
- PLEASE NOTE: Suitable hosts multiple dashboards in their platform. To ensure you are working within the OCC, make sure you see the OCC script logo in the top left corner of your profile. To change dashboards, simply click the logo and select the correct dashboard. For more information about the different experiential learning programs at Pitt, visit catalog.pitt.edu.
- From the myPitt desktop site: Use the search bar to search for OCC or Suitable and click on the tile with the OCC logo. You will be redirected from myPitt to your OCC profile. Make sure to favorite this tile by clicking the heart so it is easy to find in the future!
How do I start earning OCC credit?
The OCC is made up of 9 competency areas (also called milestones). You must complete all 9 milestones to complete the OCC and apply for the OCC Honor Society. To view activities, programs and events for each goal area and start earning points, log in to your OCC profile and follow the tips below!
Here are a couple tips to get started:
- Click on Activities in your Suitable profile to see what’s coming up for OCC credit. You can attend an event and scan a QR code to earn credit!
- You can also self-report an experience according to the activity’s description. Sometimes we will ask for a short reflection and sometimes you will need to upload a document (ex. your reviewed resume) to receive OCC credit.
- Click on Achievements > Milestones in your Suitable profile to see your progress to completion.
What is the Career Ready Guide and how do I access it?
The Career Ready Guide© is an interactive, online course inspired by the 8 NACE career readiness competencies that students can complete in about 4 hours. Developed by a team of leading career development professionals, Career Ready Guide© empowers learners to understand, assess, develop, and articulate the universal “soft skills” valued by employers.
- To access the Guide, students should log in to their OCC profile and search “Career Ready Guide” under Activities. Instructions on how to log in to the Guide will be in the description. You will earn 75 points under Career Preparation if you complete the Guide in full.
How do I officially complete the OCC after I’ve earned at least 150 points in each competency area?
Once you have completed all 9 OCC milestones, you should submit your OCC Honor Society application in Suitable. The application can be found by clicking on the Outside the Classroom Curriculum badge in the Achievements tab. Once our office reviews and approves your application, we will reach out to you about attending a New Members Orientation.
What does it mean to be an OCC Honor Society member?
Once you have attended a New Members Orientation, you are an official member of the OCC Honor Society – congratulations! This means you have taken the initiative to fully engage in your Pitt experience and acquire important soft skills for the workplace. Among the many member benefits, you will receive a green cord of distinction to wear at graduation. Learn more about the OCC Honor Society.