The PittAdvantage grant provides financial assistance for a summer experiential learning program to undergraduate students who have completed the Outside the Classroom Curriculum (OCC).
Grants are awarded in the amount of $1,500 and funds can be used for a summer experiential learning opportunity in the following three areas: Study Abroad, Unpaid Internship, or Service Learning Project.
- Undergraduate student at the University of Pittsburgh Main Campus – Oakland
- Full-time status for no less than 2 semesters (Baccalaureate degree in progress)
- Returning student – will return to the university as a full-time student the following semester after the learning experience
- OCC Honor Society member – have fully completed all goals and requirements of the OCC
- NEW!! Effective Spring 2020, the duration of your experience must be at least 5 weeks to be considered for the grant.
PLEASE NOTE: Students may apply for the PittAdvantage grant when applications open in January IF they plan to finish the OCC by the end of the semester in April.
Pitt Advantage Grant applications become available every January at the start of the spring semester. Grants are intended to be used during the summer term after the application is received. If a grant is awarded for a Pitt study abroad program, $1,500 will be deposited into the student’s PittPay account. If a grant is awarded for an unpaid internship, $1,500 will be disbursed to the student’s checking account on file with the University.
Ready to apply? Click HERE.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, MARCH 6, 2020
If you have any questions about this process, please contact the OCC Coordinator by clicking here.