OCC Advantage Grant
The OCC Advantage grant provides financial assistance for a summer experiential learning program to undergraduate students who have completed the Outside the Classroom Curriculum (OCC).
Grants are awarded in the amount of $1,500 and funds can be used for an unpaid summer experiential learning opportunity in the following three areas:
- Research or Clinical – Lab or field experience that enhance preparation for scientific and health professions
- Unpaid Internship – Internships in fields related to a student’s future career or graduate/professional school path
- Service Learning Project – Projects at home or abroad that combine philanthropy with an educational experience
- Undergraduate student at the University of Pittsburgh Main Campus – Oakland
- Full-time status for no less than 2 terms (Baccalaureate degree in progress)
- Returning student – will return to the University as a full-time undergraduate student the semester immediately following the learning experience
- OCC Honor Society member – have fully completed all goals and requirements of the Outside the Classroom Curriculum
- NEW!! Effective Spring 2020, the duration of your experience must be at least 5 weeks to be considered for the grant. Experience CANNOT be categorized as study abroad.
PLEASE NOTE: Students may apply for the OCC Advantage grant when applications open in January IF they plan to finish the OCC by the end of the semester in April.
- Submission deadline is Monday, April 12, 2021 at midnight.
- OCC Advantage Grant applications become available at the start of every Spring term. Grants are intended to be used during the summer term after the application is received.
- If you have any questions about this process, please email the OCC coordinator.