OCC Advantage Grant
The OCC Advantage grant provides financial assistance for a summer experiential learning program to undergraduate students who have completed the Outside the Classroom Curriculum (OCC).
Grants are awarded in the amount of $1,500 and funds can be used for an unpaid summer experiential learning opportunity in the following three areas:
- Research or Clinical – Lab or field experience that enhance preparation for scientific and health professions
- Unpaid Internship – Internships in fields related to a student’s future career or graduate/professional school path
- Service Learning Project – Projects at home or abroad that combine philanthropy with an educational experience
- Undergraduate student at the University of Pittsburgh Main Campus – Oakland
- Full-time status for no less than 2 terms (Baccalaureate degree in progress)
- Returning student – will return to the University as a full-time undergraduate student the semester immediately following the learning experience
- OCC Honor Society member – have fully completed all goals and requirements of the Outside the Classroom Curriculum
- NEW!! Effective Spring 2020, the duration of your experience must be at least 5 weeks to be considered for the grant. Experience CANNOT be categorized as study abroad.
PLEASE NOTE: Students may apply for the OCC Advantage grant when applications open in January IF they plan to finish the OCC by the end of the semester in April.
OCC Advantage Grant applications become available every January at the start of the spring semester. Grants are intended to be used during the summer term after the application is received.
All grants have been awarded for Summer 2020. Please check back in January 2021 to apply for next summer.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact the OCC Coordinator.