Emotional wellness is the ability to understand oneself and adequately cope with the challenges life brings. It encompasses optimism, self-esteem, self-acceptance, and the ability to share feelings. Emotional wellness is a dynamic state that fluctuates frequently with your other seven dimensions.
- Prioritize your time based on what you value most.
- Set aside 10 minutes just for “you” each day - take a walk, sit in silence, meditate, or dream.
- Develop your interests and abilities.
- Get rid of bad habits that get in the way of the life you value.
- Spend some time doing things you enjoy.
- Get enough sleep, eat well, and drink plenty of water.
- Clear clutter from your home, car, or workspace and let new energy flow into your life.
- Invest your energy in the positive and the present. Don’t waste precious energy on gossip, negative thoughts, the past, or things you cannot control.
- Stay connected to a support network, colleagues, community, friends, family, or spiritual practice.
- If things get too difficult, don’t do it alone. Reach out for help.
More Resources …
Provides high quality services and programs that foster the academic and personal development, as well as the psychological well-being, of Pitt’s student body. This includes individual and group counseling, as well as workshops to address a variety of needs.
For current virtual workshops, visit http://www.studentaffairs.pitt.edu/cc/virtualworkshops/
A private, online self-help library for stress, anxiety, and depression -- anytime, anywhere! Completely free access for Pitt students.
A space where students can learn and regularly practice evidence-based, mind & body stress reduction skills, or mindfulness.
Provides a safe, nurturing environment for students to seek recovery supports from substance use and connect them with a variety of on-campus and community resources.
A National organization working to utilize the student voice to change the conversation about mental health on college campuses.
Offers resources to help all members of our University community report, cope with, and prevent incidents of sexual misconduct or assault.
Promoting inclusive environments that allow all students to thrive.
Foster connections between makers and members of the University community through creative outlets and expression.