New and Transfer Student Orientation
New & Transfer Student Orientation at the University of Pittsburgh is another step in ensuring that new undergraduate and transfer students have a successful transition and integration into college life. Your transition to Pitt is a process and incorporates many great programs and events. For students starting at Pitt in the Fall semester, New Student Orientation builds on your PittStart experience and occurs the week prior to classes beginning. For students starting at Pitt in the Spring semester, New Student Orientation occurs two days prior to classes beginning in January.
Spring 2018 – New & Transfer Student Orientation
Join us on Monday, December 18 for our December Preview Day. This is an optional one-day orientation experience designed to help new and transfer students connect on campus. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Schedule-at-a-Glance (full schedule coming on October 15th)
9:30 a.m. - Check-In Opens
10:00 a.m. - Welcome from First Year Experience; Overview of Division of Student Affairs
10:45 a.m. - Welcome and Information from Art & Sciences Academic Advising
11:00 a.m. - Students: Break-out session with First Year Mentors and First Year Experience Leadership Team - great opportunity to connect with other students and learn more about getting involved on campus Parents: Break-out session with Parent and Family Liaison, Sandy Talbott - great opportunity to learn more about how Parent and Family Resources supports parents at Pitt followed by a Q&A session.
12:15 - 1:00 p.m. - Lunch
1:00 - 5:00 p.m. - Free Time On Campus. We recommend utilizing the time on campus to cross a few things off your to-do list! (To-Do list items will be printed in full schedule)
2:00 p.m. - Campus Tour led by Pitt Pathfinders
3:30 p.m. - Tour of the William Pitt Union led by First Year Experience Staff.
Welcome! Spring 2018 New & Transfer Student Orientation will officially begin on Saturday, January 6th when the residence halls open at 12:00 p.m./Noon.
With the exception of new international students, the only required Orientation session will be on Sunday, January 7th from 3 - 5 p.m. in the William Pitt Union, Assembly Room, Main Floor. Parents and families are also invited to this program.
Beginning on the evening of Saturday, January 6th through the first week of classes there will be additional opportunities for new students to connect on campus. A fuller schedule of Spring Orientation events will be posted on Monday, October 16.
Fall 2018 – New & Transfer Student Orientation
Monday, August 20 – Sunday, August 26
From Monday, August 20 to Sunday, August 26, students will kick off their Pitt experience with a packed schedule of academic and social programming aimed at preparing them for the collegiate experience and acclimating them to campus.
- New & Transfer Student Orientation (NTSO) is designed to be fun, entertaining, and packed full of opportunities for students to make new friends and connect to campus. It is also designed to prepare students by providing the tools, knowledge, and resources needed to have a successful and meaningful educational experience at Pitt.
- Students selecting to living on-campus will receive information about arrival and move-in from Arrival Survival in mid-July.
- Student selecting to commute will receive an information packet from FYE & Commuter Student Programs in July.
- Transfer students living on or off-campus will receive an information packet from FYE & Transfer Student Programs in July.
- Questions about NTSO? Email email@example.com or Call us (M-F, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.) 412-648-2172