INTERNSHIP WEEK 2021 IS FEBRUARY 1-5
Internship Week is a week-long event full of great opportunities for internship-seeking students to familiarize themselves with what they need to do in order to obtain their dream internship.
Tuesday Feb 2 – We will host 20-minute micro-sessions on specific topics that will take your internship search process to the next level.
|Time (all times Eastern)||Program Name|
|12:00 – 12:30 pm||Tech Resumes with EMPLOYER||Health Interviews with Allegheny Health Network||Government Resumes with the US Department of Defense|
|12:30 – 1:00 pm||Tech Interviews with BNY Mellon||Internship Searching on Handshake||Projects on Pitt Commons|
|1:00 – 1:30 pm||Transferrable Skills with UPMC||Internship Searching on LinkedIn||Ace Your Interview Question|
|1:30 – 2:00 pm||OCC to Career||Identifying Alumni on LinkedIn||Dress for Virtual Success|
|2:00 – 2:30 pm||Creative Resumes||LinkedIn Learning||Searching for Non-Traditional Students|
|2:30 – 3:00 pm||Virtual Career & Internship Fair Prep|
Wednesday Feb 3 – Our student-to-student panels are back! Come learn from current and former Pitt students about their internships and experiences in their field of interest.
|Times (all times Eastern)||Panel Name|
|5:00 – 6:00 pm||Environment & Sustainability Panel||Government Panel|
|6:00 – 7:00 pm||Non-Profit & Community Organizations Panel||Pre-Health & Science Panel|
Thursday Feb 4 – Mock interview day is back from 2020. This low-stress event is geared to introduce you to interviewing. Schedule a one-on-one slot with an employer to test your skills.
Friday Feb 5 – Have you ever wanted to ask an employer how you can impress them? Have you wondered what type of interview questions employers will ask? This is your chance to have a one-on-one AMA with an employer. This casual event can help you feel more comfortable with the entire internship process. Let an employer tell you their story and what goes on behind the scenes of the interview process.
Keep your eyes on Handshake for the official event information in January!
The Internship Prep Program is now virtual! – SPRING 2021 SCHEDULE COMING SOON
NEW THIS YEAR: We are now offering seven 30-minute workshops!
- D.I.Y. Resumes: Equips you with the skills to build and maintain a resume over the course of your career.
- Cover Letter Construction: Have you ever skipped applying for a job because a cover letter was required? Have no fear, we’ll teach you the basics.
- LinkedIn Learning: Have a LinkedIn account, but don’t know what do do with it? Stop by for tips and tricks on navigating the world’s largest networking platform while also building essential skills employers want to see.
- Searching Strategies: Not all search engines are created equal… Learn where to start, understand how to searching for internships and what will help yield your best results.
- Networking Necessities: Networking is more than just connecting on LinkedIn and collecting business cards. Join us to learn how to make great first impressions and to build strategic connections.
- Interview Essentials: In Part 1 of our interview series, learn everything you need to know and do before, during and after your interview.
- Ace Your Interview Questions: In Part 2 of our interview series, learn how to utilize the STAR method to give the best answers to interview questions, or greatest weakness could be revealed.
Start anywhere, anytime. It is never too early to get started, but it could be too late.
Watch for some crazy Fridays when we offer every program back-to-back!
For a comprehensive list of career-related events, networking opportunities, employer info sessions, virtual fairs and virtual site visits, visit the Events tab of Handshake.