Recruit Pitt Panthers
Recruiting Pitt Students and New Graduates
We are here to support anyone with valuable learning opportunities for Pitt students and new graduates. We can assist any existing employers with drafting new position descriptions, developing a new internship program, enhancing an existing program, training for optimal use of Handshake, and marketing to our students.
Step 1. Understand your organizations needs and resources available
Step 2. Select the best short-term position type for your opportunity
- Internship? Volunteer? Temporary Position? Contract Worker?
- What these positions all have in common are that they are not permanent, but there are distinct differences. For a resource on types of temporary positions, click here.
- For the Department of Labor’s FLSA Test for Unpaid Interns, click here.
Step 3. Write a Position Description
- Start by taking a look at our Employer Internship Guide. This guide details creating learning objectives, managing interns, and suggested recruitment timelines.
- For assistance with post grad opportunities for new grads, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For assistance with internships for undergraduates, email email@example.com.
Step 4. Post the position
- Set up a Handshake account. Handshake is a free, powerful, modern platform for college recruiting and offers your team many great features including: Easily post jobs, view applicants, request an information session, and more using Handshake’s responsive design.
- Click here to learn more about how to post opportunities in Handshake
Step 5. Start recruiting
- Once your position is approved, Pitt students will be able to see it and to apply!
- If you are interested in a specific population seeing your post, please contact us to let us know.
How Can I Support Pitt Students?
Complete this form to let us know how you may be able to support this initiative. The Internship Team will receive your comments and respond to you.