Class of 2021 Career Week
Tuesday, April 13 – Friday, April 16
Graduation is just around the corner! As part of the countdown to commencement, the Career Center will offer a week of programs to help spring graduates prepare for their next steps.
Click links for full details. Join events in Handshake to receive email reminders.
Tuesday, April 13
- Career Center: Ask Us Anything, 2-5 p.m.
- Pop in to virtual drop-ins to ask any career-related questions, get resume reviews, search assistance and more with Career Center staff and recruiters from Ansys, Enterprise, PNC and Traffic & Planning Design, Inc.
- Adulting 101: Finances After College, 7 p.m.
- Join us to get tips on managing a budget, paying off student loans, understanding benefits packages and planning for retirement (yes, you already need to be thinking about retirement!) in this virtual workshop and alumni panel. (First of 3-part series)
Wednesday, April 14
- Covid Era Workforce Trends, 10 a.m.
- Global pandemics really have a way of disrupting the status quo, including the workforce as we know it.
- Adulting 101: Your New Social Life, 7 p.m.
- Making friends, maintaining connections, eating healthy and embracing self-care is different after college. Get tips from alumni and staff to ease your transition to the post-graduation social scene. (Second of 3-part series)
Thursday, April 15
- Deciding What’s Next, 12 p.m.
- It is totally normal for many students to not yet know what is next. For help with your decision making process or getting started with your post grad planning, this quick virtual workshop will be filled with tips and resources!
- Still Searching, Now What?, 12:30 p.m.
- Haven’t secured a job yet? Join this quick virtual workshop to learn the fine art of balancing persistence and patience while incorporating networking into the application process.
- Salary Negotiation, 3 p.m.
- Don’t leave money on the table! Join us for a virtual salary negotiation workshop designed to help college students advocate for themselves.
- OCC Completion for Seniors, 4 p.m.
- There’s still time to earn your OCC green honor cord for graduation! Pop in for completion assistance and possible prizes! The OCC completion deadline is April 30, 2021 at midnight. Questions? Email email@example.com.
- Adulting 101: You Got a Job! Now What?, 7 p.m.
- Get valuable tips from alumni and staff to understand how to make a strong first impression beginning on day one of your career. (Third of 3-part series)
Friday, April 16
- Career Center: Ask Us Anything, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Pop in for virtual drop-ins to ask any career-related questions, get resume reviews, search assistance and more with Career Center staff and recruiters from UPMC, Target, CGI and CDR Maguire.
More Career Week Offerings:
Quick Connect with Pitt Alumni
As you take your next step, get support and guidance from a Pitt alum who has been in your shoes by participating in Quick Connect on Pitt Commons. Here’s how it works:
- Sign up here and wait to be matched with an alum.
- We find alumni experts in your industry who want to help.
- We make an introduction between you and an alum via Pitt Commons.
- From there, the conversation is up to you and your alumni partner – be curious, ask questions and ask for advice on your next steps.
Registration ends on April 19, and introductions to your alumni partner begin on April 22. Have a great conversation!