Welcome, Pitt Alumni!
The Career Center is excited to welcome alumni to our career events to provide career advancement and networking opportunities for current Pitt students. Please use this page to learn more about our services, resources, and alumni engagement opportunities through the Career Center.
Handshake access is now free for all Pitt Alumni. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-383-HIRE.
Alumni Career Services
All University of Pittsburgh alumni receive access to the following career services and resources at no charge:
- Free access to Handshake, the online database of job and internship postings exclusive to Pitt students and alumni (all University of Pittsburgh campuses)
- Join the Pitt Career Network, our LinkedIn networking database dedicated to improving the career prospects of fellow Pitt alumni and students. Search alumni professional profiles to make valuable connections that may move your career forward.
- Free access to on-campus career fairs and networking events hosted by the University of Pittsburgh (including the Fall and Spring Career Fairs). Fees may apply to specific consortium events; see registration details for each event.
- Note: On-Campus Interviewing is restricted to current Pitt students only. Only by employer request can an alumnus participate in the on-campus interview process.
- Individual career assistance is free for alumni for 1 year after graduation date (see below).
Alumni Career Counseling
Single individual career counseling sessions are available to University of Pittsburgh alumni (Oakland campus) through the Career Center. Assistance is available with fee on a per-session basis to address career change advice, job search strategies, resume and cover letter review, or other career-related topics. The fee per 1-hour session is $75, payable by check only. To enroll, please call the Career Center at (412) 383-4473.
Individual career assistance is free for alumni (Oakland campus) for 1 year after graduation date.
Alumni from University of Pittsburgh regional campuses should contact the Career Center at their campus for assistance.
Checks should be made payable to University of Pittsburgh. Fees can be delivered in person to the Career Center or mailed to:
University of Pittsburgh
200 William Pitt Union
Pittsburgh, PA 15260