SUPPORT EMOTIONAL WELL-BEING AT PITT
Student well-being is a shared responsibility – one that requires each member of the Pitt community to equip themselves with knowledge and skills to effectively support our diverse student body. The UCC is offering a number of ways for members of the Pitt community to enhance their knowledge and skills in supporting the emotional well-being of students.
Flourish at Pitt: Supporting Students’ Emotional Well-Being
Join UCC staff members for a 1-hour virtual session that provides a brief overview of ways to support student emotional well-being and overall mental health.
- Please check back for Spring 2022 training dates!
Mental Health Champion Certificate Program
This virtual program is designed to provide staff, faculty, and students more extensive knowledge and skills to be champions of mental health at Pitt. Participants will have an opportunity to:
- Learn ways to increase student well-being and promote human flourishing
- Learn how to support students experiencing mental health concerns
- Build relationships with other mental health champions across campus
Please note, participants must register and complete each part of the program in sequential order to receive a certificate. Please register for the cohort that best fits your schedule. Registration closes on October 28, 2021.
- Increasing Student Well-Being and Promoting Flourishing
November 4th | 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- Supporting Student Mental Health and Responding to Crisis
November 18th | 5:00-7:00 p.m.
December 2nd | 5:00-6:00 p.m.
- Increasing Student Well-Being and Promoting Flourishing – Part One
November 1st | 12:00-1:00 p.m.
- Increasing Student Well-Being and Promoting Flourishing – Part Two
November 8th at 12pm | 12:00-1:00 p.m.
- Supporting Student Mental Health and Responding to Crisis – Part One
November 15th | 12:00-1:00 p.m.
- Supporting Student Mental Health and Responding to Crisis – Part Two
November 29th | 12:00-1:00 p.m.
December 6th | 12:00-1:00 p.m.