Demolition of existing structures is slated to begin in the Spring of 2020, with a project completion goal of 2023.
- Roadside construction will begin on University Drive.
- Student advisory board created to help shape the vision of the center.
- In February, the University began hosting community meetings to discuss details of the master plan and to get feedback. Pitt students, faculty and staff along with community stakeholders were invited to attend and participate in these meetings and to submit comments online.
- Finalized Master plan released
In September 2017, the University engaged Brailsford & Dunlavey, Inc. to assess current and future recreation and fitness demand at Pitt
Through work sessions, interviews, focus groups, and web-based surveys, data reported:
- 34% satisfaction rate in current
- 43% satisfaction rate in current
staffing and instructors
- 49% satisfaction rate in current size of