START A NEW ORGANIZATION
The Spring 2018 New Organization Registration has closed. Our next registration period for new organizations is October 1 – 15, 2018.
Student orgs who are interested in registering during the February 2018 New Organization Registration period MUST attend one of the workshops listed below in order to qualify for registration status. REGISTER NOW!
Start Up Your New Student Organization
Monday, January 22 @ 6 pm; 837 WPU
Friday, January 26 @ 2 pm; 837 WPU
Friday, February 2 @ 1 pm; 837 WPU
Friday, February 9 @ 2 pm; WPU Dining Room A
Wednesday, February 14 @ 3 pm; 548 WPU
Are you interested in registering a new student organization with the SORC? Come learn everything you need to know about SORC and University policies and procedures during this presentation. REGISTER TODAY!
The New Organization Registration period will be open from October 1 – October 15 as well as February 1 – February 15 in Engage. Please make sure to have all required materials ready prior to the submission period. Below you will find the registration guidelines and information on the submission process. If you have any questions, please contact the SORC at 412-624-7115 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prior to Registration Submission
- Read the Registration Guidelines.
- Secure a minimum of ten (10) currently enrolled Pitt students as members. You will need at least a president, a vice president, and a business manager. One person may not hold more than one officer position. Note: When updating your organization’s roster, any new members must be identified by their email@example.com email address.
- Secure a full-time faculty or staff member at the University to serve as your advisor. You will need to attach a signed the Advisor Acceptance Form in the registration application.
- Draft your organization’s constitution and update as necessary following the Constitution Requirements.
Submitting your Registration
Note: the person who registers the student organization will be designated as the Primary Contact of the group. The Primary Contact of the organization does NOT need to be the President; however, you will need to indicate your President on the organization roster.
- Sign In to Engage with your Pitt username and password.
- Click on the Organizations tab at the top of the page
- On the left hand side of the page, click on the box that says Register An Organization. This will only be available during the designated New Organization Registration periods.
- On the bottom left hand side of the page, click on the blue box that says Register a New Student Organization.
- Follow the steps and provide– updated roster, constitution, and advisor acceptance form.
- Submit your application.
After Registration Submission
- Your registration application and constitution will go under review by the SORC office.
- If there are any problems with your application or constitution, we will contact you through the Engage messaging tool. We will not be able to continue processing your application until all edits are completed.
- Once approved, the listed officers and advisor will receive a final confirmation email, and your organization will have full access to the benefits of being a registered organization!