Secure Message Communication – Using Online Student Health
The Student Health Service now provides a variety of Online Portal Services to all students of our Oakland Campus thru their University student portal site at my.pitt.edu. Please review the Usage Pre-Requisites first before proceeding.
This is one of the exciting, new online services that we now offer. Secure messaging allows clinicians and their patients to safely communicate with each other through the online access portal. If you are familiar with using email packages, then you shouldn’t have any trouble using this service. It “looks” like email, but it is not email !
CAUTION: Please use this judiciously because all secure message communications will become part of your Student Health Electronic Medical Record.
How to use Secure Message Area
- Logon to the University student portal and enter OnlineStudent Health. Review the Logon Procedure if you need assistance.
CLICK HERE to view snapshot of Online Student Health Home Page.
- From the Online Student Health Home Page, locate the Messages link and click on it.
CLICK HERE to view snapshot of the Message Manager page.
- There will be 3 self-explanatory buttons:
- Compose New
Inbox – Viewing Secure Messages Received
- From the Message Manager, click on the Inbox button. The Inbox page will appear with a list of received message headers (if you have any).
CLICK HERE to view snapshot of Inbox page.
- From the list of received message headers, click on a selected message to open up the message for viewing. The message contents screen will appear.
- When viewing the message contents, there will be 1 self-explanatory navigation button at the top of the message contents:
- Reply – Click on this button if you want to reply to this message.
Compose New – Sending a Secure Message
- From the Message Manager, click on the Compose New button. The Compose New message entry page will appear.
CLICK HERE to view snapshot of Compose New message entry page..
- Using a standard email format interface, there are 3 fields that need entries:
- To: – Select a clinician from a Drop Down box for this field.
- Subject: – Enter your subject info into this field.
- Message: – Enter your message info into this field.
- When finished completing these 3 fields, click the Send button. Your message is sent to the clinician.
Sent – Viewing Secure Messages Sent
- From the Message Manager, click on the Sent button. The Sent page will appear with a list of sent message headers (if you have any).
CLICK HERE to view snapshot of Sent page.
- From the list of sent message headers, click on a selected message to open up the message for viewing. The message contents screen will appear.