Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service 2019
9:00AM – 2:00PM
Service Time: 10:00AM – 1:00PM
In celebration of the life of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Day, the University of Pittsburgh volunteers (students, faculty, staff, and alumni) will serve alongside various communities to honor Dr. King’s legacy of civil service. This year’s MLK Day of Service will be on Monday, January 21, 2019 from 9:00AM – 2:30PM (service time is 10AM to 1:00PM).
Lunch will be provided by the Office of PittServes.
Students and Staff register here.
To participate in MLK 2019 by host a team of student volunteers please read the following responsibilities and register below. Please note all projects must be hosted indoors.Submission of this project registration request acknowledges that the service site understands and accepts the following terms and responsibilities.
- Conduct the service project rain or shine
- Have a representative present at ALL TIMES to meet the student volunteers and accompany them throughout the project. This representative will also provide and overview/orientation of the project to the volunteers. Representatives will be present at the service site (at minimum) 30minutes prior to the start of the project in case students arrive early
- Have representative available by cell phone on 01/21/19
- Have restroom facilities accessible for the student volunteers
- Not have students use power tools during service project
- Not have students work on unsafe projects
- Not transport students in private vehicles
The University of Pittsburgh
- Provide ALL transportation for student volunteers (arrival and departure pickups to and from service location)
- Send a staff member or student leader(s) to accompany the student volunteers
- Have the volunteers arrive at the service site at approximately 10:00am and depart by 1:00pm (Depending on project location distance, please allow for a +/- 15minute drop off and pick up time)
- Provide t-shirts and lunch for all student volunteers
- Approve all service projects to ensure proper service project guidelines are met