The Alternative Break program, a program of the Office of PittServes, provides students with the opportunity to serve communities locally, nationally, and internationally during their Fall and Spring Breaks. In 2017 we are proud to say that nearly 90 students served in six locations around the world!
– Global Brigades learned the history of the Hill District while serving the community and local schools.
– Repair The World led a group of students to complete home demolition and repair work for community development.
– Camp Kon-O-Kwee helped make a local YMCA safer and more accessible for children and adults with disabilities.
– Students served in Washington DC at YSOP to provide support services to individuals experiencing homelessness in the community.
– Two more miles of the Cumberland Trail in Tennessee have been built by Pitt students.
– Students served with community development, sustainability, and education programs in the Quito and Chilcabampa communities of Ecuador.
Students will have the opportunity to participate in Alternative Fall and Spring Break programming in 2017-2018! Please email email@example.com to be added to our notification list!
Click the “About Alternative Break” link above for more information.
Check out some pictures from Alternative Break 2017 below!