How to post events for OCC Credit
The OCC is only as successful as the programs, activities, and events that are planned and executed by student organizations, University departments and academic units. Any of these event organizers play a vital role in the OCC by creating events that are intended to provide students with opportunities to learn skills or be part of experiences that they may not be able to encounter within the classroom.
**Please note that events approved for OCC co-curricular credit do not necessarily represent the viewpoints of the University.
Step 1 – Plan event with the OCC in mind
The first step toward hosting an event that would be included in the OCC is to create qualifying events. To do this, please review the OCC curriculum guide (link to current guide here) to determine which curriculum goal is met by your event. Only one goal may be met by a single event.
Step 2 – Submit event for OCC credit
Student Organizations: A representative of your organization should be the primary contact for your organization in the OCC software. This person will also receive the Event QR code via email.
- Log-in to the OCC through the Pitt Portal.
- Click “Request an Activity.”
- Follow the steps to add your event to the system.
- Once your event is approved, you will receive an email with the QR code that students can scan at your event to receive OCC credit.
- Departments: to request administrative access, email email@example.com.
Step 4 – Promote your event.
This event will now be visible to students who log in to the OCC, and will also appear as a fulfillment item for the specific goal that you selected.
To request additional promotion via OCC newsletters or social media accounts, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your event is approved for credit, you are strongly encouraged to add OCC logos to your marketing materials.
Step 5 – Record attendance
To make sure students who attend events receive OCC co-curricular credit, attendance must be recorded at the event. There are a few ways to track this:
1. Print the unique event QR code and make sure students scan using the Suitable mobile app at the event.
2. Students also have the option to self-report by logging in to the OCC through the Pitt Portal.
3. After your event is over, you may export an event report from Suitable.
If you cannot guarantee that attendance will be collected at the event, instruct students to self-report their experience.