This past weekend, the Resident Student Association was well-represented during the awards section presented at the closing ceremonies and banquet at the Annual Regional Leadership Conference at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County. Pitt received the following awards:
- The Central Atlantic Affiliate of College and University Residence Halls Program of the Year Award for “In-Tune & Empowered”. This allows Pitt to bid for national recognition as the National Association of College and University Residence Halls Program of the Year. The bid for this award was written by President of our Jonas Salk Chapter of the National Residence Hall Honorary, Caroline Seifert and was presented by National Communications Coordinator, Timmy Miller.
- Four Regional “Of The Month” Awards:
- Chiara Rigaud as First Year Student of August 2017
- The Panther-Irvis Hall Staff as Residential Community of August 2017
- Reagan Harper as Executive Board Member of September 2017
- “Those Involved in Renaming Pennsylvania Hall” as a Spotlight of September 2017
- National Winner Award, written by Alexandria Rich, for the “Adventure Farm Beautification” as Service Program of July 2017.
- Finally, Timmy Miller was awarded one of three Cougar Pride Pins awarded at the Regional Leadership Conference. This was awarded to him for his outstanding leadership, spirit, and dedication to improving the region and his campus.
Pitt’s Resident Student Association constantly puts a great deal of time and effort into planning events like these and it was such an honor for them to receive such prestigious awards as recognition for the hard work and dedication they have put into these programs.