New & Transfer Student Orientation at the University of Pittsburgh is another step in ensuring that new first-year and transfer students have a successful transition and integration into college life. Your transition to Pitt is a process and incorporates many great programs and events.
Pay attention to these pages as we get closer to your arrival. We’ll be providing a variety of details on what to do, where and when, and how to get there, along with a lot of other helpful information to get you started with confidence. And don’t worry, if you forget to visit this page over and over, we’ll be reaching out to you in other ways to make sure you have the information you need.
Spring 2019 – New and Transfer Student Orientation
Congratulations on your admission to Pitt for Spring 2019! We are excited to welcome you to campus and make sure you have the things you need to be successful. Please see below for the optional and required events for new and transfer students starting in 2019.
December Preview Day (OPTIONAL)
Monday, December 17, 2018
The Office of First Year Experience (FYE) would like to invite you to join us for a one-day orientation experience designed to connect you to campus and provide you with key resources as you prepare for your first semester at Pitt. REGISTER HERE!
- This is an optional opportunity, and does not excuse new students from participating in the required New and Transfer Student Orientation program on Sunday, January 6 from 3 – 5 p.m.
- If you would like to meet with you academic advisor on this day, you must contact them directly to schedule an appointment in advance. Appointment slots are limited
- Parents and family members are welcome to attend
- Free continental breakfast and lunch provided
New & Transfer Student Orientation Program (REQUIRED)
Sunday, January 6, 2019 – 3 – 5 p.m., William Pitt Union, Main Floor
This time will provide an exciting overview of the opportunities available to help you navigate your way to success at Pitt. It is expected that all new students will attend and parents and family member are invited too. There is no registration for this program. In addition to this event, there will be a variety of optional programs for new students beginning on Saturday, January 5th through Sunday, January 13. A full schedule will be available in November – check back!
Fall 2019 – New and Transfer Student Orientation
As you begin to make travel plans, please remember some of these key dates:
- Monday, August 19 – Sunday, August 25: New & Transfer Student Orientation (While events do begin on Monday, there are no required events for first-year students until Wednesday)
- Monday, August 19 – Wednesday, August 21: Move In Days (Your specific move in time slot can be accessed in your my.pitt.edu portal in mid-July)