New and Transfer Student Orientation
New & Transfer Student Orientation at the University of Pittsburgh is another step in ensuring that new first-year and transfer students have a successful transition and integration into college life. Your transition to Pitt is a process and incorporates many great programs and events.
Pay attention to these pages as we get closer to your arrival. We’ll be providing a variety of details on what to do, where and when, and how to get there, along with a lot of other helpful information to get you started with confidence. And don’t worry, if you forget to visit this page over and over, we’ll be reaching out to you in other ways to make sure you have the information you need.
Fall 2018 – New and Transfer Student Orientation
As you begin to make travel plans, please remember some of these key dates:
- Monday, August 20 – Sunday, August 26: New & Transfer Student Orientation (While events do begin on Monday, there are no required events for first-year students until Wednesday at 3:00 pm)
- Monday, August 20 – Wednesday, August 22: Move In Days (Your specific move in time slot can be accessed in your my.pitt.edu portal in mid-July)
- Saturday, August 18 – Sunday, August 19: Panther Connect Retreats (For more information, click here)
We are excited you will be starting at Pitt this fall. Our team is looking forward to meeting you and greeting you and your family when you come to campus.
- Students selecting to living on-campus will receive information about housing assignments and arrival in mid-July.
- Student selecting to commute or live off-campus will receive an information packet in July.
- Transfer students living on or off-campus will receive an information packet in July.
- New international students will receive information from the Office of International Services about the International Pre-Orientation schedule
- Questions about NTSO? Email email@example.com or Call us (M-F, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.) 412-648-2172