Instructor Guide to Managing Student Accommodations
Disability Resources and Services (DRS) uses the online system Accessible Information Management (AIM) to manage academic accommodations at the University. This system allows students to be independent in the coordination of their accommodations and disability information. Students, faculty, and DRS staff are able to work within the system to provide the student with accommodations. To access the Instructor portal within AIM click the link below:
Options Available in AIM
- Request accommodations for their classes each term.
- Generate a Disability Notification letter to outline their accommodations for your course.
- Submit and manage Alternative Testing Requests for assessments (quizzes, exams, finals) to be taken in the University of Pittsburgh Testing Center (UPTC) with accommodations.
- View a list of students who have requested accommodations in your course(s) for the current term.
- View a copy of the Disability Notification letter for each student.
- Navigate to the Alternative Testing page to access and complete the Alternative Testing Agreement for your course(s).
- On the Alternative Testing page view the list of upcoming student Alternative Testing requests for your course(s) assessments.
- Upload electronic files directly to student Alternative Testing requests.
Recommended Syllabus Statement
On February 27, 2001, the Faculty Assembly unanimously passed a resolution to include the following statement on course syllabi:
“If you have a disability for which you are or may be requesting an accommodation, you are encouraged to contact both your instructor and Disability Resources and Services, 140 William Pitt Union, 412-648-7890 as early as possible in the term.”
Instructional Accessibility at Pitt
The University Center for Teaching and Learning has information and resources pertaining to accessibility on their website linked below.