Campus Safety & Emergency
Sometimes, a student’s college experience is interrupted by an emergency or a crisis situation. To manage such incidents, we have a number of mechanisms in place:
- The University of Pittsburgh Police can be reached at (412) 624-2121. Please contact them with any emergencies or inquiries.
- Students can take an active role in protecting their safety by following the tips outlined here.
- Also, students are encouraged to sign up for the Emergency Notification System (ENS) upon their arrival on campus.
- If you find yourself experiencing a personal emergency or crisis, contact the Office of the Dean of Students at (412)648-1006.
- Office of Sexual Harassment and Assault Response and Education (SHARE)