Commencement Speaker Application
The University of Pittsburgh will celebrate the graduation of the Class of 2020 at the annual Commencement Ceremony on Sunday, April 26, 2020.
As part of the program, a graduating Pitt undergraduate student will have the privilege of representing the student body by delivering a parting message to the Class of 2020.
Applications will be received through Friday, March 6 at 5 pm.
Finalists will be selected in March, with a final decision expected in early April.
In order to be selected, students must:
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Be in good disciplinary standing with the University
- Submit a three-minute speech in advance for review
- Audition in front of the Student Commencement Speaker Selection Committee
- Be eligible to graduate in April or August of 2020
- Attend the Pittsburgh campus
Please complete all of the required fields below, upload a copy of your resume and a draft of a three-minute speech in either an MS Word document or PDF, and submit before 5 p.m. on Friday, March 6.
If you have questions about the selection process, please contact Brian Hamluk, director of administration, Division of Student Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have technical problems with this application please contact Student Affairs technical support email@example.com.