On Campus Interviewing
On-campus interviewing is a service provided to employers interested in recruiting students for internships, full-time, or part-time positions.
Interviews occur for approximately six weeks every Monday through Friday during the Fall and Spring semesters. To schedule a recruitment date, log into FutureLinks and select the “Request A Schedule” button under the “On-Campus Recruiting (OCR)” tab. All on-campus interviewing requests must be requested at least 30 days before the requested date.
- Facility – Our interview suites are located in the back of our offices on the 2nd Floor of the William Pitt Union. Interviews are held between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Review your Scheduling Options – CDPA uses FutureLinks to coordinate and manage all on-campus recruiting schedules. There are different options as to how candidates will be selected and sign-up for interview times when requesting an on-campus interview schedule. Options include:
- Room Reservation Only – The employer will be responsible for all scheduling arrangements and is only reserving space on campus to conduct interviews.
- Preselect – Candidates will submit their resumes online through FutureLinks for review. Only selected candidates labeled as ‘invited’ will be able to sign-up for an interview time. The maximum number of preselected candidates is based on the number of time slots available.
- Preselect to Alternate – This model follows the same process as #2, except alternates will also be selected. There is no set minimum or maximum as to the number of alternates selected – this is solely based on the employer’s discretion. Alternates will only be able to signup for an interview time if invited candidates either decline or fail to select a time slot.
- Preselect to Open – This model follows the same process as #2, however after a certain time period, set at the employer’s discretion, any student is able to sign-up for remaining time slots.
- Preselect to Alternate to Open – An employer will choose preselected candidates based on submitted resumes as well as alternates. If any interview times are still available after a certain time period, the remaining slots are open to any student.
- Open – Any student may sign-up for an interview time slot. Employers will NOT be able to review resumes prior to the student signing up for an interview time.
- Cancelling an Interview Schedule- We appreciate and thank you for recruiting at the University of Pittsburgh; however, should you need to cancel an interview schedule, please contact the On-Campus Recruitment Coordinator at 412-648-7129 as soon as possible.
- For more detailed information on creating and managing an on-campus interview schedule, please view the On-Campus Recruiting Guidebook