Frequently Asked Questions

Where Is The Main Office for the Department Of Campus Recreation Located?
Our office suite is located in the Baierl Student Recreation Center, which is on the Lawn Level of the Petersen Events Center. Our address is 3719 Terrace Street, Pittsburgh PA 15261.


Who Has Access To Facilities And Services Provided By The Campus Recreation Department?
Undergraduate and graduate students have full access to all facilities, services, and programs. Faculty and staff have access to the facilities in Bellefield Hall and Trees Hall. There are no fees for using these facilities. Locker services are also offered to students, faculty and staff at posted rates.


Are guests permitted to use the facilities and services offered by Campus Recreation?
Guests are NOT permitted to use facilities and offered services.  

Exception: Family members of University faculty or staff may use Trees Pool on the weekends during rec swim hours. Family members must be accompanied at all times by a University member with a valid ID, and must sign in at the front desk upon entering.


Do I need to be a full-time student to utilize the facilities and services offered by Campus Recreation?
All full-time and part-time undergraduate and graduate students with a valid Pitt ID are permitted to use the facilities and services.


Are there fees to use the fitness centers, gyms and other facilities?
There is NO fee to use the facilities, but a valid Pitt ID is required to enter the buildings.


How can I request to use a facility?
Instructions on how to request facilities are available on the Facilities & Hours page.


Where can I find the hours for any of the fitness centers, pools, climbing wall or other space run by Campus Recreation?
General hours of operation for every facility are listed on our Facilities page.